Ensuring academic integrity in MyLab just got easier!
Our Record+ service line integrates directly in Pearson MyLab, offering a seamless user experience for test-takers while saving instructors time with professional review and offering peace of mind that academic integrity is upheld. So go ahead and relax - we'll do the heavy lifting.
For MyLab instructors and students, the process couldn’t be easier!
New to ProctorU? Even if your school has never used ProctorU in the past, using MyLab is a great way to try out online proctoring!
- Step 1: Set up a ProctorU account
- Step 2: Create MyLab Quiz/Test
- Step 3: Enable ProctorU Record+ from within MyLab
(Yes, it’s seriously that easy!)
- Step 1: Set up a ProctorU account
- Step 2: Download the ProctorU Chrome Extension
- Step 3: Log in to MyLab to take the quiz/test.
After initial account creation and extension download, everything on the student side happens within the MyLab interface.
Steps to Get Started Quickly
Scope Out Your Proctoring Needs
Fill out the form on this page to give us the basic details we’ll need to estimate requirements. We’ll follow up with a phone call or email to get you started!
Execute an Agreement
Based on your needs, we’ll quickly draft a limited agreement. If your institution already partners with ProctorU, an agreement may not be required.
We’ll provide documentation and guidance for how to enter exams, what to communicate to students, and best practices for online exam proctoring.
Service Request Form
MyLab disciplines with ProctorU integration:
- ✓ MyLab Accounting
- ✓ MyLab Business Communication
- ✓ MyLab Business Law
- ✓ MyLab Economics
- ✓ MyLab Entrepreneurship
- ✓ MyLab Finance
- ✓ MyLab Intro to Business
- ✓ MyLab Management
- ✓ MyLab Marketing
- ✓ MyLab Math
- ✓ MyLab MIS
- ✓ MyLab Operations Management
- ✓ MyLab Nursing
- ✓ MyLab Statistics
$6 per student, per exam.
- Fill out the form.
- Sign a limited agreement.
- Implementation team will establish an account, generate a MyLab secret and key, and schedule a kick-off call.
- The Record+ product that is integrated with MyLab does not manage allowable resources.
- Online text books and calculators can be used based on the security settings that are established when the exam is created.
- It is impossible for our advanced technology to differentiate between different types of allowable resources and therefore works best for examinations in which no physical resources are allowed.
ProctorU uses our proprietary platform to screen videos in real-time for events that are outside of normal test-taker behavior and flags those instances for a ProctorU proctor to review.
The kinds of suspicious activity that we document & report:
- Recorded image of a test-taker does not match the photo on the test taker’s identification
- Multiple people in the room during an exam
- Test-taker using a phone or other electronic device that is within view of the computer camera
- Test-takers looking away from exam content repeatedly (looking at other items that may be present on the desktop or elsewhere around the room)
- Test-taker reading exam content out loud during the examination period
- Test-takers leaving the exam area
- Test taker attempts to open other programs or browser pages during the process of taking the exam, including copy/paste
- Once exams have been created, test-takers may take their exam at any time during the exam window set by instructors.
- Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and do not require test-takers to schedule their exam.
- Active examination windows are managed from within the MyLab platform
Yes, support is available via live chat 24/7/365.
No, the key and secret work on a course-by-course basis.
Pearson has its own lockdown browser feature that can be used. The ProctorU Chrome and Firefox extension act as a secure browser without the need of downloading a separate browser.
ProctorU brings innovative online security expertise to the MyLab portfolio with over 10 million proctored exams for more than 1,500 partners.
Dedicated Account Team
Every client and test admin gets a dedicated ProctorU team who answer questions and help with exam setup.
Free Technical Support
We offer free exam-related technical support 24/7/365 via phone, email, live chat, and remote support sessions. Exam facilitators also have their own hotline for quick help.
Securing millions of exams online each year, with the largest certified proctor workforce in the world.
Industry leading test-taker satisfaction.
24/7 access to scheduling, proctoring and reporting.
We're dedicated to investing in the latest technologies as market needs evolve.