Just follow these simple steps.
- A web camera is needed so our proctors can watch you while you are taking your test. Don't have a web camera? ProctorU recommends just about any camera that can be purchased at your local electronics retailer.
- A microphone is also needed so our proctors can hear you while you are taking your test. Don't have a microphone? Just like the camera, ProctorU recommends any microphone that works on your PC. It can also be purchased at your local electronics retailer.
- Check the technical requirements page to make sure your computer and web camera meet the requirements.
- Watch the demo video in our How it Works section.
- Test your equipment out by going to our test it out page where a help desk technician will fully test your system for free.
- Create an account and schedule your exam. Be sure to provide a valid email address and a phone number where you can be reached when you are taking the exam.
- At the time of your exam, please go to http://go.proctoru.com and click on the "Go" button to start the process.
- If you have any questions, feel free to look at our FAQ section.
- Please visit www.proctoru.com/testitout to check your equipment before logging in.
- Be sure you are in a well-lit, quiet and private room. The lighting of your room must be daylight quality, and overhead lighting is preferred. If overhead lighting is not possible, please make sure that your light source is not directly behind you becase it will make it difficult for your proctor to see you.
- Please have your photo ID ready.
- Please bring a reflective surface such as a CD, DVD or mirror. This is so you can show the edges of your monitor to your proctor.
- Please make sure to close out all programs, applications, and websites that do not pertain to the exam.